Notice on Recruitment Fraud
Recruitment fraud from groups pretending to be TORQ (including TORQ Trucking (2015) Ltd., TORQ Energy Logistics Ltd., and/or TORQ Transloading Inc.) – or claiming to represent TORQ – may be sent in a variety of formats, including e-mail, text, social media and letter.
Potential Applicants may view a job posting that looks legitimate or an e-mail is sent offering employment with TORQ. These postings and e-mails often look legitimate and will include details of the employment supposedly on offer, such as job description, salary, and benefits. They usually request payment from prospective employees to obtain visas or immigration documents; TORQ never requests payment from Applicants. Applicants may be referred to an organization that requests fees for processing the documents; TORQ nor its recruitment partner(s) request payment from Applicants. In some cases, Applicants may be told they will be reimbursed for all costs; TORQ never requests payment from Applicants and therefore does not reimburse Applicants for any such associated and unauthorized costs.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity. If you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from TORQ, please contact the number or email listed below.
Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with TORQ. If you have applied for a position through a legitimate channel, we will have the information needed to proceed using our Recruitment process.
If you are unsure a communication you have received is genuine, please review the guidance below:
- Do not send money. No money transfers or payments of any kind will ever be requested by TORQ as part of the recruitment process, for immigration documents, insurance, or any other purpose.
- TORQ NEVER makes job offers without performing a formal interview process.
- Prospective employees are always invited to an interview with TORQ personnel before any offer of employment is made. The location of the interview is always provided to candidates either by phone, or e-mail from a verifiable TORQ e-mail account.
- TORQ website pages always include www.TORQEnergy.com, www.TORQTransloading.com, www.TORQTrucking.com www.LarsonMgtInc.com, www.THVacs.ca, www.GouletTrucks.com. Any other format is not genuine.
- Verify the email address. Any e-mail styled with the TORQ logo but using an e-mail format not listed below is not genuine. TORQ will never request a prospective applicant to e-mail information to an e-mail address not ending in one of the authorized emails forms listed below.
Applicants should always question the authenticity of any unsolicited e-mails seeking money or personal details, irrespective of the e-mail address.
Authorized Email addresses always end in:
TORQ Energy Logistics: @TORQEnergy.com
TORQ Transloading: @TORQTransloading.com
TORQ Trucking Business Units
TORQ Trucking: @TORQTrucking.com
a.k.a., Larson Management: @Larsonmgtinc.com
a.k.a., TH Vac Services: @THVacs.ca
a.k.a., Goulet Trucking: @GouletTrucks.com
If you are unsure a communication you have received is genuine or believe you have received a fraudulent communication, please forward it to: HR@TORQEnergy.com with the Subject: RECRUITMENT FRAUD.
TORQ strives to investigate each situation and take corrective action as necessary.